WATERPROOFING MEMBRANE MANUFACTURER
Advantages and disadvantages of bituminous waterproof coating
Bituminous waterproof coating is a solvent-based or water-emulsion waterproof coating based on asphalt. Solvent-based asphalt waterproof coating refers to the configuration of unmodified petroleum asphalt directly dissolved in gasoline and other solvents, also known as cold base Oil. Water-emulsified asphalt waterproof coating refers to the coating composed of petroleum asphalt dispersed in water under the action of chemical emulsifier or mineral emulsifier to form a stable water dispersion. Here are the pros and cons of it.
Advantages of bituminous waterproof coating:
1. Good waterproof performance, high efficiency, seamless connection, no water leakage. It is unique for objects with special-shaped structures or complex shapes, and the construction is very simple and convenient.
2. It has strong adaptability to the base, and can be used on base materials such as reinforced concrete, profiled steel plate, plastic and various masonry materials.
3. The spraying surface treatment is simple, no leveling layer is required if there is no special requirement, and it can be directly applied when the humidity is lower than 80%.
4. It has strong puncture resistance, because it has rubber inside and has good ductility. It can be perfectly combined with the base material at the bottom of the structure and the building structure at the top without separation or delamination, forming an integrated seamless waterproof system.
5. Environmental protection, water-based, non-toxic, odorless, non-flammable, non-corrosive, and harmless to human health and the environment.
6. Anti-mildew and anti-bacterial properties, can effectively inhibit the growth of algae and fungi, anti-aging, high chemical corrosion, and strong air permeability.
Disadvantages of bituminous waterproof coating:
1. For the base layer with complex shape, multi-piece splicing is required, and it is difficult to bond the materials where they overlap each other, because multi-piece splicing affects the appearance of the waterproof layer.
2. It is difficult to achieve absolute sealing at the overlapping parts of materials, and there is a great hidden danger of water leakage.
3. Later maintenance will be more troublesome.
The advantages and disadvantages of bituminous waterproof coating are introduced here, friends in need are welcome to contact us at any time.